Forging Optimal Health & Wellness















Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy 2013!

The time to renew the BodyForge blog has come. I’m excited to share some of the “fun” workouts I have up my sleeve, delicious food and ideas for living a healthy, fit and enjoyable life. Please feel free to send suggestions, questions and ideas!

 For now I will share the soup that is cooking in my crock pot. It is simple and smells delicious!

 LENTIL, SQUASH, SWEET POTATO & KALE SOUP
INGREDIENTS:
-1 cup red lentils
-1 cup green lentils
-1 yam & 1 sweet potato diced
-3 stalks celery chopped -1 chopped onion
-3 large garlic cloves chopped
-1 medium butternut squash peeled & cubed
-3-4 cups kale leaves, stemmed and chopped
 -Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
-1⁄2 tsp. crushed fennel seeds
-1/4 tsp cayenne
-1 tsp Garam Masala (optional)
-8-10 cups vegetable broth or water

DIRECTIONS: -Add all ingredients to crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 5-6 hours.

Classes I am teaching at the WAVE this week:

Monday 9am-10:00am: BodyForge, full body strength & conditioning with some cardio intervals thrown in for fun. This is a challenging class but I am always prepared with modifications! Please note the new time for Monday.

Monday 11:30am-12 noon: Top Guns, 30 minutes of upper body strength training

Tuesday 11:30am-12 noon: Butts & Guts, the 30 minute lower body compliment to Top Guns

Wednesday 11:30am-12 noon: Top Guns, 30 minutes of upper body strength training

Thursday 11:30am-12 noon: Butts & Guts, the 30 minute lower body compliment to Top Guns

Friday 10:15am-11:15am: BodyForge, full body strength & conditioning with some cardio intervals thrown in for fun. This is a challenging class but I am always prepared with modifications!

I have a few slots available for private personal training and nutritional consulting! Contact me for information!

No comments:

Post a Comment