Forging Optimal Health & Wellness















Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Sore Muscles...

The last couple weeks I have been feeling pretty run down and my weight training has taken a back burner.

Yesterday, without wanting to "over-do" it, I knew I needed to get started again with my routine. What follows is what I came up with to ease back into weight training and now I am feeling a bit sore in places.
Set #1
1. Pull-ups: not many, I can only do 3-5 so on the last one I come down as slowly as possible
2. Push-ups: I did 15
3. Oblique/Center/Oblique/Center crunches on the BOSU: 15 each

Set #2
20 Reps of:
1. Squats with my feet hip distance apart
2. Jump Squats on the BOSU
3. Forward Lunge with and overhead press using a medicine ball
4. Alternating Jump Lunge

Set #3
1. Reverse Lunge: 20 reps with each leg with a torso twist/press using a medicine ball
2. Tuck Jumps: 10, this is just a standing jump pulling your knees up as close to your chest as possible
3. Hamstring Curl with a stability ball: lie on your back with your feet on a stability ball, press up into a shoulder bridge and straighten your legs to roll the ball away from your body, bend your knees to bring the ball back, repeat for 20 repetitions.

Then I did it again. This was quick and pretty fun. My biceps, back and chest are feeling the pull-ups and push-ups and my quads and glutes are also twinging a bit.

I followed it up with stretching and water!

No comments:

Post a Comment